Are you tired of having heavy breasts that cause pain in your back, neck, and shoulders? Would you like to reduce their volume and improve their shape, appearance, and position?
Breast reduction is your ideal operation, which decreases your breast weight and size, giving you breasts’ appropriate volume and attractive shape.
What is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction is a cosmetic operation that reduces the volume of the breast by removing excess breast fat, tissue, and skin, to get a natural breast contour, which is proportioned to your body.
Heavy breasts can cause physical discomfort in back, neck, and shoulders, and emotional distress due to their high weight, so it is recommended to reduce their volume.
The surgery is carried out under general anesthesia, so the patient will not feel any pain at all.
Are you the right candidate?
In order to be a good candidate for breast reduction:
- You should be in good general health.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You are not satisfied with your heavy and large breast shape.
- Your breasts limit your physical activity.
- You suffer from pain in your back, neck, shoulders resulting from your heavy breasts.
- You should have realistic expectations.
How should I prepare for breast reduction?
Preparing for breast reduction requires the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests prescribed by your doctor.
- Get a baseline mammogram before the surgery.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin, which in turn might affect the healing.
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the transplantation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- You are recommended to follow a healthy food system before the operation to avoid any complications that might occur during the surgery.
What are the steps of breast reduction?
Breast reduction includes the following steps:
· Anesthesia stage
In breast reduction, the patient is given general anesthesia, which puts him to sleep during the operation, so he will not feel pain at all.
· Making incision
Three incision options are available for breast reduction, which include:
- Peri-areola incision: the incision is made along the areolar edge.
- An incision is made around the areola, extended vertically down from the areola to the breast crease.
- An inverted T incision: an incision is made around the areola, extended vertically down from the areola, and horizontally along the breast crease.
Your surgeon decides on the ideal incision which suits your situation.
· Reducing breast tissue
Once the surgeon makes the incision, he removes excess breast tissue and skin, repositions nipple, and reduces the areola if necessary, giving you a natural and firm breast contour.
· Closing incision
The surgeon stitches the incision and covers it with an elastic bandage.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Keep wearing an elastic bandage over treatment areas for 1 to 2 months, which helps you to control swelling and get the best results.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation.
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
- Avoid bad weather environments or dusty places.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.