Do you have unwanted sagging skin? Are you upset about those layers of excess skin which make you look fat after a weight loss? A body lift can be your perfect solution to remove these sagging skin and get a firm and flat body.
What is the body lift?
Body lift (Body Contouring) is a plastic surgery that removes excess sagging skin and some remaining fat to improve the shape and tone of the body. Body lift targets all areas of the body, including the abdomen, lower back, buttocks, waist, hips, thighs, and arms.
The operation is carried out under general anesthetic, so the patient will not feel pain at all. The surgery is usually performed after liposuction, which removes a massive amount of fat from the body.
What are the techniques used for a body lift?
· Vaser technique
Vaser technique, which is based on ultrasonic frequency waves, which used to break down fat cells, then removed using a cannula connected to a vacuum. Vaser technique liquefies the fact cells efficiently and does not cause any damage to tissues and blood vessels.
· Micro air technique
The micro air technique is a power-assisted liposuction system provided with vibrational cannulas. It can breaks apart the fat cell and harvests high-volume fat easily without damaging tissues and blood vessels. Micro air technique can ensure better results and shorter recovery time than other techniques.
· J plasma technique
J plasma is a revolutionary procedure that combines cold plasma and radiofrequency energy. It usually treats upper arms, inner thighs, neck, and abdomen. The J plasma is inserted under the skin to deliver the cold plasma, which helps dissolve body fat and tighten the skin without leaving scars.
Are you the right candidate?
In order to be a good candidate for body lift:
- You should be in good general health.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You enjoy a firm and elastic skin.
- You don’t suffer from a health problem, such as blood flow, heart disease, diabetes, and immune system weakness.
- You should have realistic expectations.
How should I prepare for a body lift?
Preparing for a body lift is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests prescribed by your doctor.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin, which in turn might affect the healing.
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the transplantation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- You are recommended to follow a healthy food system before the operation to avoid any complications that might occur during the surgery.
What are the steps of a body lift?
Body lift surgery includes the following procedures:
· General Anesthetic
Body lift surgery is carried out under general anesthetic, so the patient will fall in a deep sleep without feeling any pain.
· Removing or repositioning the fat
For breaking up the fat, different options are available. The surgeon can use the Vaser technique, Micro Air technique, or j plasma according to your situation.
To dissolve the fat cells, the surgeon makes small incisions and inserts cannula attached to a vacuum by which he can move the cannula back and forth to loosen the fat and suck it out the body.
· Tightening skin
The skin and muscle tissues are tightened, giving a firm and flat body contour.
· Closing the incisions
After the suction process ends, the surgeon stitches up the treated area and covers it by a bandage.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Keep wearing the compression garment or elastic bandages over treatment areas for 1 to 2 months, which helps you to control swelling and get the best results.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for six weeks
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
- Avoid bad weather environments or dusty places.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.