Do you suffer from migraine which affects your daily life badly? Are you tired of the headache medications which are accompanied with side effects?
Botox injection might be an alternative and effective solution for your frequently severe headache.
What is Botox injection for Migraine?
A simple procedure which is based on injecting Botox around the head and neck once every three months to relieve or prevent migraine headache. It is performed under local anesthesia using a tiny needle without feeling any pain. In each treatment, the patient needs about 30 to 40 shots.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate for Botox injection, if:
- You are in good health
- You are over 18 years old
- You suffer from FDA-approved for chronic migraine
How should you prepare for Botox injection for migraine?
There are some important instructions on how to prepare for your procedure, which you should follow carefully to make your procedure more comfortable and safer.
- Do the necessary skin and allergy tests, making sure that you are the right candidate for Botox injection.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the procedure.
- Inform your doctor about your current medications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the procedure.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol before the procedure.
- Avoid taking multivitamins that contain vitamin E for two weeks before the injection.
What are the steps of Botox injection for migraine?
Botox injection for migraine involves the following steps:
- Medical examination
Your doctor will start with carrying out the essential tests which include blood, skin, and allergy, in order to ensure that you are the appropriate candidate for the procedure.
- Anesthesia process
In the next step, in order to feel comfortable during the procedure, you will receive local anesthesia.
- Botox injecting
Now, you are ready for the procedure. Botox will be injected in the areas around the head and neck using fine needles. What Botox does is, block the neurotransmitters which are responsible for delivering pain signals from the brain, which helps alleviate the pain and get rid of migraine headache 2 to 3 weeks after your first Botox injection treatment.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Avoid itching or touching the treated areas for 3 days after the procedure.
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activities for two days at least.
- Avoid smoking for two weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for a day after the injection.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.