As you age, your facial contour gets changed over time, losing volume and producing facial creases and lines which cannot be treated naturally or by itself.
So, if you are one of those guys who suffer from forehead wrinkles, lines around your eyes, or signs of aging due to sun damage or gravity, Botox can be your perfect treatment to restore your youthful facial skin.
What is a Botox injection?
Botox is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that can soften wrinkles and lines and relax the facial creases to get fresh and firm facial contour. Botox can treat frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles, using injection with a fine needle.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate for Botox injection if:
- You should be over 18 years old.
- You should be in good health.
- Your face loses its natural volume.
- You suffer from facial creases
- You want to reduce your forehead lines.
- You have crow’s feet around your eyes.
- You want to enhance your lips.
- You suffer from asymmetrical facial features.
How should I prepare for Botox injection?
There are some important instructions on how to prepare for your procedure, which you should follow carefully to make your procedure more comfortable and safer.
- Do the necessary skin and allergy tests, making sure that you are the right candidate for Botox injection.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the procedure.
- Inform your doctor about your current medications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the procedure.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol before the procedure.
- Avoid taking multivitamins that contain vitamin E for two weeks before the injection.
- Don’t wear makeup before your appointment.
What are the steps of Botox injection?
Botox injection includes the following procedures:
· Medical tests
Firstly, your doctor examines your facial skin to define your problems carefully. Then, he carries out the necessary medical tests such as blood, skin, and allergy, making sure you’re ready to perform the procedure.
Botox injection is done under local anesthesia which helps you minimize your pain or discomfort.
· Filler injecting
Your doctor will inject a certain amount of Botox under your facial skin using injection with a fine needle without pain.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Maintain your head in a vertical position for two hours after the injection.
- Stay away from sunlight for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid rubbing the treatment areas.
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for two days at least.
- Avoid smoking for two weeks after the procedure.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.