Sagging brow and forehead wrinkles can hide your facial expressions and make you look tired and older. However, you still have a chance to rejuvenate your face and restore a more youthful forehead appearance through performing brow lift surgery.
Brow lift procedure is a lasting and effective solution that can make your life different!
What is a brow lift?
Brow lift surgery (forehead lift) is a cosmetic surgery that eliminates forehead wrinkles, enhances frown lines, tightens sagging brows, and restores a refreshed contour and youthful position.
The surgery is performed by getting rid of excess skin and repositioning forehead tissue and muscles under general anesthesia.
Are you the right candidate?
You are a good candidate for brow lift surgery if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases that might hamper the surgery or impair healing.
- You should be at least 21 years old.
- You suffer from deep forehead wrinkles.
- You have visible frown lines.
- You have sagging brows.
- You should have realistic expectations for the surgery results.
How should I prepare for brow lift surgery?
Preparing for brow lift surgery is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests or medical evaluation prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol, before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of brow lift Surgery?
Brow lift surgery includes the following steps:
In a brow lift, the patient is given a local or general anesthesia. Usually, the doctor decides on the anesthesia type, which suits the patient situation.
· Making the incision
A brow lift can be done through two techniques, and each technique needs specific incision.
- Endoscope incision: small incisions are made through the hairline.
- Coronal incision: it is made from ear to ear across the top of the head.
· Forehead lifting
After making the incision, the forehead tissue and muscles are adjusted, and the skin is tightened, giving a smoother and youthful forehead contour.
· Closing the incision
The incisions are closed with absorbable sutures and skin adhesives.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Keep wearing bandages or dressings around your forehead to reduce swelling and bruising for a few days.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for four weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.