If you suffer from facial wrinkles or fine lines under your eyes and around your mouth and would like to restore your youthful skin, chemical peeling is your ideal treatment which ensures smoother skin for you.
Chemical peeling aims to remove, wrinkles signs of age, acne, freckles, and dark patches, due to sun damage, age, or pregnancy, improving your skin appearance.
What is chemical peeling?
Chemical peeling is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that treats the skin by applying a chemical solution to help your old skin to peel off and enhance a new skin with better texture.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate if:
- You are over 18 years old.
- You suffer from acne and scars.
- You have damaged skin due to sun exposure.
- You have fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth.
- You do not suffer from deep wrinkles.
- You do not have any skin conditions that hamper the procedure.
How should I prepare for chemical peeling?
There are some important instructions on how to prepare for your procedure, which you should follow carefully to make your procedure more comfortable and safer.
- Do the necessary skin and blood tests, making sure that you are the right candidate for the procedure.
- Inform your doctor about your current medications.
- Inform your doctor if you have any history of scarring and cold sores.
- Stop taking certain medications, such as Retin-A or glycolic acid.
What are the steps of chemical peeling?
Firstly, your doctor cleans your skin and prepares it for peeling. Then the chemical solution is applied to your skin carefully and left on for a few minutes. There are three types of chemical solutions, so your doctor chooses the ideal method for your situation.
- Light chemical peel: It removes the top layer of skin, giving limited improvements.
- Medium chemical peel: It gets rid of the top and middles layers of skin, giving you smoother and fresher skin appearance.
- Deep chemical peel: In this peeling, you need to be under local anesthesia, as it affects the deeper layers of skin. It also has long-lasting results.
Finally, the chemical peel washed off with a cool saline compress or water.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Avoid the sun and use sunblock for a few months.
- Stay at home and avoid normal activities for two weeks after the procedure.
- Take your painkillers which ensure your comfort.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.