Do you have droopy eyelids which leave you to look drained? Do you suffer from fat deposits under your eyes or excess skin around your lower eyelids? If yea, you may need some real change that can be achieved by performing Eyelid surgery or so-called blepharoplasty.
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is a procedure which improves the eyelids appearance by reducing bags and fatty deposit from the lower eyelids and removing the excess and drooping skin from the upper eyelids.
Eyelid surgery is considered an effective procedure for those who want to uncover the beauty of their eyelids and rejuvenate them to look more refreshed and younger. Furthermore, blepharoplasty can be performed to improve the sight in older people due to the sagging eyelids, which hamper their vision.
The operation can carry out on upper eyelids or lower eyelids or both.
· Upper Blepharoplasty
Upper blepharoplasty can remove the sagging skin and excess fat of the upper eyelid, reducing folds and puffiness which hide the natural contour of the upper eyelids.
· Lower Blepharoplasty
Lower blepharoplasty is a surgery that gets rid of the bags under the eyes and removes fine wrinkles of lower eyelids.
Are you the right candidate?
Before you decide to perform the surgery, you should first know if you are the right candidate. You are a good candidate for eyelid surgery if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases which might hamper the surgery or impair healing, including Thyroid diseases, Dry eyes, Hypertension, Circulatory Disorders, Cardiovascular diseases, Diabetic, Retinal detachment, and Bluewater in the eye
- You should be over 21 years old.
- You should have realistic expectations for the surgery results.
How should I prepare for Eyelid surgery?
Preparing for eyelid surgery is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests or medical evaluation prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol, before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery includes the following steps:
· Anesthesia stage
In blepharoplasty, the patient is given a local or general anesthesia. Usually, the doctor decides on the anesthesia type, which suits the patient situation.
· Making incision
For the upper eyelids, the surgeon makes an incision along the nature crease of the upper eyelid. However, in lower eyelids surgery, the incision is made either below the eyelash or on inside the lower eyelid.
· Fat and excess skin removing
The surgeon gets rid of the fat deposit and drooping skin of the upper eyelids while he reduces the bags under the eyes, removes the wrinkles, and supports the muscles of the lower eyelids.
· Closing incision
Once the surgeon finishes, he closes the incisions without leaving any scars, which usually are hidden in the eyelid crease. Also, he uses sticky strips over the eyelids.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Support your head up with pillows for a few days
- Keep clean your eyelids with eye drops prescribed by your doctor.
- Use cold compresses around your eyes for a few days.
- Wear sunglasses for protecting your eyes from the sun and bad weather condition
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to help you control your pain and prevent infection
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
- Avoid wearing lenses
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.