As we age, our face starts to lose its youthful contour; skin becomes less elastic, and tissues lose volume, causing deep wrinkles and jowls in the cheeks.
However, it is not too late; you still have a chance to restore your face to its true shape by performing a powerful procedure called facelift!
What is a facelift?
The facelift is a cosmetic surgery that eliminates the face’s visible signs of aging and enhances your face appearance by removing sagging skin and tightening facial tissues, under general anesthesia.
Are you the right candidate?
You are a good candidate for a facelift if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases that might hamper the surgery or impair healing.
- You should be over 45 years old.
- You suffer from facial deep wrinkles and folds.
- Your face loses volume.
- You should have realistic expectations for the surgery results.
How should I prepare for facelift surgery?
Preparing for facelift surgery is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests or medical evaluation prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol, before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of facelift Surgery?
Facelift surgery includes the following steps:
· Anesthesia stage
In a facelift, the patient is given general anesthesia to make him sleep through the surgery, so he will not feel pain.
· Making incisions
The incision pattern usually relies on the extent of the change you want to get. A facelift can be performed through two options:
- Traditional facelift incision starts at the temples of the hairline downward, wraps the ear, and ends at the lower part of the scalp.
- Limited incision: begin at the temples and continues around the ear.
· Face lifting
In this stage, the fat in the face and jowls is contoured or redistributed, facial skin and muscles are tightened.
· Closing incision
The incisions are closed with sutures.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Wear bandages or dressings to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Keep your head up, using pillows for a few days.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Stay away from sunlight.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Stay away from swimming for six weeks
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for four weeks
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.