A large forehead can be a serious problem that misaligns the proportions of your face, giving you an unbalanced contour. A broad forehead might be caused by genetics, receding hairline, or failed cosmetic surgeries.
Whatever the reason, if you are unhappy with your large forehead appearance, forehead reduction surgery is your perfect solution to get a balanced forehead that meets your face features!
What is a forehead reduction surgery?
A surgical procedure is known as hairline lowering surgery. It is performed under general anesthesia to reduce the space between the brow line and hairline, restoring the balance to your face proportions.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate for forehead reduction surgery if:
- You are in good general health
- You are over 21 years old
- You suffer from a broad forehead due to genetic reasons
- You have a high hairline
- You don’t have significant hair loss
- You have a supple scalp
How should I prepare for forehead reduction surgery?
Preparing for forehead reduction surgery is required the following instructions:
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the operation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- Avoid using hair dyes several weeks before the operation
What are the stages of Forehead reduction surgery?
Forehead reduction surgery includes the following procedures:
- Firstly, the patient is given general anesthesia.
- An incision is made along the hairline and a part of the forehead which is planned for removal.
- After removing this skin area, the incision along the hairline is pulled down to the forehead incision, reducing the space between the hairline and brow line.
- Finally, the skin is stitched together, minimizing the scars
The recovery process for your child depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include
- You should keep the wound clean, which helps the healing process.
- You should keep your head raised at a 45-degree angle in the first days after the operation.
- You can go back to your normal work after a week of the operation.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.