Do you suffer from excessive weight which got worse and worse every day? Are you tired of following hard diet and exercise which could not reduce your weight significantly? Are you looking for an effective and safe solution that can change your body completely?!
Gastric surgery which involves different types of advanced techniques might be your perfect treatment for your health problem, getting rid of your sufferings for your entire lifetime!
What are the techniques used in gastric surgery?
There are five different types of gastric surgeries which are performed by our professional medical team at our clinic:
- Gastric Sleeve operation
Gastric surgery is performed to reduce the size of your stomach significantly by removing a big part of your stomach and connect the remaining parts to become about 1/10th of the stomach size. Gastric sleeve procedure is usually done under general anesthesia and used for people who suffer from high body mass index.
- Gastric Band operation
A gastric operation which is undergone to reduce the size of the stomach by placing a silicone band around the upper part of the stomach using laparoscopy. By doing so, the stomach is squeezed and turns into a small pouch whose capacity only an ounce of food. It is done under general anesthesia and usually removes 35% to 45% of excess weight.
- Gastric Balloon operation
A non-surgical procedure which is performed by inserting a silicone balloon filled with saline into your stomach through your mouth. The balloon is almost as similar as an orange used to reduce the capacity of your stomach to hold food. The body mass index is supposed to be 40 or higher to be a candidate for this procedure. The operations usually is done under local anesthesia.
- Gastric Bypass operation
A surgical procedure that staples a part of your stomach to make a small stomach pouch and skips a part of your digestive system, limiting the food which your body can absorb. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Gastric Botox operation
A non-surgical procedure in which Botox is injected in the interior wall of your stomach using an endoscope in order to relax the muscles of the stomach for a while, making you feel full. It is usually performed under local anesthesia.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate for gastric surgery if:
- You are in good general health
- You suffer from excessive weight:
- For gastric sleeve: the excessive mass should be between (31-50 kg)
- For gastric band: the excessive mass should be between (21-50 kg)
- For gastric balloon: the excessive mass should be between (21-30 kg)
- For gastric bypass: the excessive mass should be higher than (50)
- For gastric Botox: the excessive mass should be between (15-25 kg)
- You have certain obesity diseases
- You could not lose weight by following diet or exercises
- You don’t have any disease which might hamper the operation.
How should I prepare for Gastric surgery?
Preparing for gastric surgery is required the following instructions:
- You should stop eat or drink after midnight the day before your surgery.
- You should follow a diet which makes your operation safer and easier for a month.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, and Herbal supplements.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the procedure, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- You should drink a large amount of water or liquids for ten days after the surgery.
- You should eat minced and pureed food, then gradually start having light meals.
- Take a rest for two days, then you can start to walk slowly and carefully.
- Take the medicines, including painkillers, antibiotics, vitamins, and nutrition supplements prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.