Do you feel embarrassed about the large size of your chest? Do you suffer from sagging fat deposits accumulated under your breasts? If yes, then you are among those men who have gynecomastia!
Gynecomastia is a condition that affects men at any age and leads to overdeveloped breasts. Several reasons, such as hormonal changes, heredity reason, certain medicine, or obesity, might be behind it.
However, our clinic helps you overcome this embarrassing problem through gynecomastia surgery, which proved to be a powerful solution to restore the breast to its normal volume.
What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery is a cosmetic operation that is performed to reduce the breast volume for men, by eliminating excess fat and getting rid of sagging skin. It restores the natural size of the breast and improves its shape and contour.
The surgery is carried out under general anesthesia, so the patient will not feel any pain at all.
What are the techniques used for gynecomastia Surgery?
At our clinic, we adopt three techniques for gynecomastia surgery:
· Vaser technique
Vaser technique is based on ultrasonic frequency waves, which used to break down fat cells, then removed using a cannula connected to a vacuum. Vaser technique liquefies the fact cells efficiently and does not cause any damage to tissues and blood vessels.
· Micro air technique
The micro air technique is a power-assisted liposuction system provided with vibrational cannulas. It can breaks apart the fat cell and harvests high-volume fat easily without damaging tissues and blood vessels. Micro air technique can ensure better results and shorter recovery time than other techniques.
· J plasma technique
J plasma is a revolutionary procedure that combines cold plasma and radiofrequency energy. It usually treats upper arms, inner thighs, neck, and abdomen. The J plasma is inserted under the skin to deliver the cold plasma, which helps dissolve body fat and tighten the skin without leaving scars.
Are you the right candidate?
In order to be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery:
- You should be in good general health.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You are unsatisfied with your large breasts.
- You have excess fat and skin in the chest area.
- Your breasts limit your physical activity.
- You should have realistic expectations.
How should I prepare for breast reduction?
Preparing for gynecomastia surgery is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests prescribed by your doctor.
- Get a baseline mammogram before the surgery.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin, which in turn might affect the healing.
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the transplantation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- You are recommended to follow a healthy food system before the operation to avoid any complications that might occur during the surgery.
What are the steps of gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery includes the following steps:
· General anesthesia
In gynecomastia, the patient is given general anesthesia, which puts him to sleep during the operation, so he will not feel pain at all.
· Removing excess fat
For breaking up the fat, the surgeon can use the Vaser technique, Micro Air technique, or j plasma according to your situation.
In order to dissolve the fat cells, the surgeon makes small incisions and insert cannula attached to a vacuum by which he can move the cannula back and forth to loosen the fat and suck it out the body.
· Tightening skin
If there is excess skin or glandular tissue in the breast area, the surgeon removes it, reducing the areola, repositioning the nipple, and giving natural male shape.
· Closing incision
The surgeon stitches the incision and covers it with an elastic bandage.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Keep wearing an elastic bandage over treatment areas for 1 to 2 months, which helps you to control swelling and get the best results.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation.
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
- Avoid bad weather environments or dusty places.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.