Since women’s hair is the first most noticeable part of their beauty, they can feel deeply distressful if they experience hair loss. It affects their emotions negatively and makes them lose self-confidence in both their private and professional life.
So if you are one of those women who experience hair loss and would like to bring your hair back, you are strongly recommended to perform hair transplantation, which is an ideal solution to get rid of hair loss and enhance your beauty again.
What is a hair transplant?
Hair Transplant is a non-surgical surgery is performed to restore hair to the area which suffers from baldness or thinning hair. It is done by transferring hair follicles from the back of the scalp, called “the donor area” to the bald spot “the recipient area.”
A hair transplant is usually carried out under local anesthetic applied by comfort injection, which means you are awake, but you feel no pain.
What are the techniques used for hair transplantation?
In our clinic, in order to get the best results for our patients, we adopt the most advanced techniques in the hair transplantation field. These techniques include:
· Micro FUE technique: Micro FUE technique is an abbreviation for follicles unites extraction technique, which considered one of the powerful techniques in the hair transplantation field. With FUE, the hair follicles are picked one by one from the donor area via the Micro Motor, to the recipient area by opening tiny channels in the bald spot with precise medical blades. The surgery requires around (6-8) hours, transplanting up to (5000) follicles.
· Hyper FUE technique: Hyper FUE technique is performed over two sessions during two consecutive days, transferring up to (7000) follicles.
· Blue FUE technique: The Blue FUE technique is a regular FUE. However, it is performed by transplanting (6000) follicles, in addition to a cold laser (LLLT) session that stimulates blood circulation, strengthening the implanted hair grafts.
· DHI technique: Direct hair Transplant (DHI) technique is considered one of the latest technologies that have entered the hair transplantation world as an effective method to treat hair loss. It is performed by opening channels and transplanting the hair follicles simultaneously in the bald areas one by one, using Choi Pen Implanters with just one click. The technique can transplant up to (3500) follicles, taking around (6-8) hours.
· Hyper DHI technique: Using the Choi pens, the Hyper DHI technique can transplant up to (7000) follicles over two sessions in two consecutive days.
· Max DHI technique: Max DHI technique can save you time if you want to get high hair density in just one day. Through this technique, you can transplant up to (4500) follicles, taking around 12-15 hours in a session.
· Blue DHI technique: It is a regular DHI technique, beside a cold laser (LLLT) session that stimulates blood circulation and strengthens the implanted hair grafts.
· Double DHI technique: It is called double DHI, because it includes Choi pen, which has two heads that can be loaded with two grafts, giving the hair more density.
· Sapphire technique: Sapphire technique follows the same FUE technique steps; the hair follicles are picked one by one from the donor area via the Micro Motor, to implant in the recipient area by opening tiny channels in the bald spot. However, the medical blades are made of sapphire, a valuable gemstone that prevents the scalp’s damage while creating the incisions on the scalp. The surgery requires around (6-8) hours, transplanting up to (5000) follicles.
· Blue Sapphire technique: Blue Sapphire technique is performed over (6-8) hours, transplanting up to (6000) follicles, in addition to a cold laser (LLLT) session that stimulates blood circulation and strengthens the implanted hair grafts.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate for hair transplant if:
- You have healthy hair growth at the donor areas.
- You are in good health; you don’t suffer from any diseases which might hamper your hair transplant.
- You suffer from partial hair loss or baldness due to hormones, genes, drugs, and stress.
- Your hairline takes M-shape or severe hair loss.
How should I prepare for hair transplantation?
There are some important instructions on how to prepare for your operation, which you should follow carefully to make your surgery more comfortable and safer.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin, which in turn might affect the healing.
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee, for a week before the transplantation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- You are recommended to follow a healthy food system before the operation to avoid any complications during the surgery.
What are the steps of hair transplantation?
Generally, hair transplantation almost goes through the same steps for all techniques. However, there are some differences in the mechanism of application each technique, which will be explained in detail.
· Hairline draw and medical examination
Firstly, both donor and recipient areas are examined, determining the required number of hair grafts. Then, the doctor draws your hairline boundaries using a marker pen, defining the areas which will be transplanted.
Once your hairline is drawn, some medical tests, such as blood and dermatology, are undergone. The medical exams are necessary to make sure that you are the right candidate and ready for the surgery.
· Shaving and comfort injection
This step varies from technique to another:
- For both FUE and sapphire techniques, your entire hair is shaved, enabling the doctor to pick and transplant your hair grafts easily.
- With DHI Technique, your doctor trims short or shaves the donor area only.
Hair transplantation requires only local anesthetic, which causes the absence of pain sensation. Your doctor numbs the donor and recipient areas without needle or pain by using Comfort-in Needle-Free Injection System.
· Grafts picking process
Once you get locally anesthetized, your doctor begins to pick your hair grafts from the donor area using a device called (Micro Motor) and keep them in a petri dish includes a saline solution.
· Hair grafts transplanting
The mechanism of grafts implanting is also different from technique to another:
In both FUE and Sapphire techniques, the doctor opens tiny channels using medical blades and implants the grafts in the bald areas manually. However, in the Sapphire technique, the medical blades are made of sapphire that prevents damage to the scalp while creating the incisions.
DHI technique is based on the Choi pens, which are loaded by hair grafts. In DHI, no need to make incisions; by just one click, the surgeon can open a tiny channel and implant the graft simultaneously.
In the first 2 to 3 weeks after your operation, you will experience hair fall, so don’t worry that it is normal. However, you will start to notice new hair growth within a few months. Usually, the patients can see 60% of new hair growth after 6 to 9 months.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- You should wear bandages over your scalp for at least 48 hours.
- Commit taking your medications prescribed by your doctor, to help get recovery
- You try to avoid bending your head and keep it straight as much as you can.
- Don’t wash your hair for at least 72 hours after the operation.
- You must sleep in a semi-vertical position, using two pillows to lift your head for five days.
- You should stay away from sunlight and adverse weather conditions, such as heat, high humidity, and rain for at least a month.
- Be careful when you wear or taking off your clothes to avoid any damage to the hair follicles.
- You should avoid swimming in the sea for three months, and in a pool for two months.
- You should stop smoking for at least two months after the surgery.
- You should use the medical shampoo which we provide for you when washing your hair, and avoid any chemical shampoo.
- You should avoid experience a Turkish bath or sauna for a month.
Our Medical Bag
After the operation, our clinic provides you with a medical bag you need to follow your treatment and help you recover fast, including:
- Medical shampoo
- Medical lotion
- Skin repair cream
- Preventive medicines
- Medical pillow
- Medical hat
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.