Generally, the neck is more likely to be affected by aging before the upper face. Hence, several people prefer to perform neck lift rather than a facelift, as they still feel okay with their face contour, but unsatisfied with the deep wrinkles of the neck or excess fat in the chin area.
What is a neck lift?
A neck lift is a cosmetic surgery that removes the visible signs of aging in both neck and jaw, eliminating deep wrinkles and excess fat and tightening the skin to get flattered and firmer neck contour.
Are you the right candidate?
You are a good candidate for a neck lift if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases that might hamper the surgery or impair healing.
- You should be over 45 years old.
- You suffer from neck-deep wrinkles and folds.
- You have sagging neck skin.
- Your get excess fat in your chin.
- You should have realistic expectations for the surgery results.
How should I prepare for neck lift surgery?
Preparing for neck lift surgery requires the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests or medical evaluation prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of neck lift Surgery?
Neck lift surgery includes the following steps:
· Anesthesia stage
In the neck lift, the patient is given general anesthesia to make him sleep through the surgery, so he will not feel pain at all.
· Making incisions
In facelift surgery, incisions can be made through two types:
- Traditional facelift incision begins at the temples of the hairline downward, wraps the ear and ends at the lower scalp.
- Limited incision: begin at the temples and continues around the ear.
· Neck lifting
In this stage, the fat in the neck and jowls is contoured or redistributed, neck skin and muscles are tightened.
· Closing incision
The incisions are closed with sutures.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Wear bandages or dressings around your face and neck to reduce swelling and bruising for a few days
- Keep your head straight without bending your neck.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Stay away from sunlight.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas.
- Stay away from swimming for six weeks.
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for four weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation.
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.