Having an asymmetrical nose can hide the beauty of your facial harmony, or might affect your breathing if it is associated with a septal deviation. However, with the recent technology in the cosmetic field, you have an opportunity to correct your nose defects and recover your face’s beauty.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a famous cosmetic surgery performed to change the nose’s shape and size, improving nose appearance and enhancing facial harmony.
However, if the nose surgery involves measures not only for cosmetic reasons, then we deal with complex rhinoplasty.
· Complex rhinoplasty
Complex rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery that aims to reshape the nose for cosmetic reasons, besides, to improve its functions and correct breathing problems due to its structural defects.
Rhinoplasty can address nose problems such as nose size and width, the position of the nostrils, large or drooping nasal tip, and nasal asymmetry. The surgery can be open rhinoplasty, which depends on cutting across the skin between the nostrils, or closed rhinoplasty, which involves very small cut inside the nostrils.
Are you the right candidate?
Before you decide on the surgery, you should first know if you are the right candidate for rhinoplasty:
- You should be over 21 years old.
- You are in good general health.
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases that might hamper the operation.
- You have difficulty breathing which causes problems with your sleep and exercise
- You suffer from nasal asymmetry, which hides the beauty of your face.
- You have a septal deviation, causing breathing problems and nose’shape deformity.
How should I prepare for rhinoplasty?
Preparing for rhinoplasty surgery is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol, before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of a rhinoplasty procedure?
Rhinoplasty surgery includes the following procedures:
· Anesthesia stage
In rhinoplasty, the patient is given general anesthesia, making him sleep through the surgery, so he will not feel pain.
· Making an incision
Rhinoplasty is undergone through different two procedures. The first procedure; the closed rhinoplasty, which is performed by making hidden tiny incisions inside the nose, leaving no visible scars. The second procedure is called “open rhinoplasty,” in which the incision made across the columella, which separates the nostrils.
· Improving the nose structure
In this stage, the doctor reshapes the structure of the large nose by removing some inner bones or the cartilage to make a more symmetric and pleasing appearance.
· Correcting a deviated septum
In some cases, when the patient suffers from breathing problems related to a deviated septum, the doctor treats it by straightening the septum and reducing the projections inside the nose.
· Closing the incision
After the reshaping process is done, the doctor replaces the nasal skin and tissue and closes the incision with stitches.
After the operation, the patient should follow some necessary instructions which ensure fast recovery from the surgery.
- Keep addressing the splint held over your nose for a week after the surgery.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks for fast recovery.
- Use ice compresses around your nose, which helps you reduce the swelling.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain.
- Support your head up with pillows for a few days.
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath.
- Avoid blowing your nose.
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
- Avoid bad weather environments or dusty places.
The swelling should disappear up to six months, while the final shape of your nose may take up to a year to appear fully.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.