Do you suffer from flab or excess skin in your abdomen, which does not respond to diet or exercise as you want? A tummy tuck might be your ideal solution to get a smoother and firmer abdomen.
What is a tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery that involves removing excess fat, cutting loose skin, and tightening the abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck can help you get a pleasing, slimmer, and firmer abdomen and make you feel more self-esteem in your social life.
Abdominoplasty is an appropriate procedure for both men and women, carried out with different types, including 100, 180, 270, and 360 degrees under general anesthesia. The difference between those surgery types relies on the amount of skin that needs to be eliminated. The more the patient has sagging skin in his body, the bigger incision is required for his surgery.
Fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty is another option for those who experienced a massive weight loss and willing to get rid of a large amount of skin between the belly button and the pubic area. This operation does not need just a horizontal incision, but it also requires a vertical incision, which usually leaves a vertical scar.
Are you the right candidate?
You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- You are in good health.
- You at a stable weight
- You don’t suffer from certain diseases which might hamper the surgery or impair healing
- You should be over 21 years old
- Your body has experienced a dramatic change from weight loss or pregnancy.
- You should have realistic expectations for the surgery results.
How should I prepare for a tummy tuck?
Preparing for a tummy tuck is required the following instructions:
- Do the necessary lab tests or medical evaluation prescribed by your doctor.
- Stop smoking for at least one month before the operation.
- Make sure to take the required medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements, which might increase the bleeding during the operation.
- Stop taking stimulates, such as Arabic coffee and alcohol, before the operation.
- Stay away from blood-thinning food or drinks, which might lead to increase bleeding during and after the operation.
What are the steps of the tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck includes the following steps:
· Anesthesia stage
In Tummy tuck, the patient is given general anesthesia, which puts him to sleep during the operation, so he will not feel pain.
· Making incision
For partial abdominoplasty, the incision is made across the lower tummy, just below the belly button. Full abdominoplasty requires a horizontal incision, made just above the pubic mound, from hip to hip, and another incision made to free the belly button from the surrounding tissue.
However, Fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty is performed by both horizontal and vertical incisions, between the belly button and the pubic area.
· Removing the skin and tightening muscles
In this stage, the surgeon separates the skin for the abdominal wall, which allows to remove excess skin and fat and tighten loose muscles, restoring a smooth ad flat abdomen.
· Closing the incision
Once the surgeon finishes muscles realigning, he starts pulling the remaining skin together, then closes the incision by sutures or skin adhesives.
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- You need to wear a pressure garment for six weeks, which helps you to control swelling and get the best results.
- Keep your knees bent while you are in bed.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to help you control your pain and prevent infection
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for six weeks
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
You need about six weeks to recover and see the complete results of a tummy tuck.
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.