You might be familiar with lip injection, such as fillers or Botox which should be repeated every two years at least to maintain the results. However, there is another surgical option that gives you not only an attractive look but also permanent results.
What is an upper lip lift?
The upper lip lift is a simple surgical procedure that reduces the area between the nose and the top of the upper lip (Philtrum), making the upper lip look fuller and visible and improving your facial properties. There are different types of lip lifts done according to your current lip situation and preferable look.
Are you the right candidate?
You are the right candidate if:
- You are over 21 years old
- You have enough space between your nose and upper lip
- Your lips are thin and flat
- Your lower teeth don’t appear when you smile
- You look for permanent results
- Improve your smile
How should I prepare for an upper lip lift?
Preparing for upper lip lift is required the following instructions:
- Stop eating or drinking for 6 hours before the operation.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, and Herbal supplements.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the procedure, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
What are the steps of upper lip lift?
Upper lip lift surgery includes the following procedures:
- The surgery is carried out under general anesthesia
- An incision with a curved-shape is made along the space between the upper lip and nostrils (Philtrum).
- Removing a portion of skin below the nose
- Raise and lift the upper lip to look fuller
- Finally, the incisions are closed by absorbable sutures
The recovery process also depends on the extent to which you follow the post-operative instructions recommended by your doctor. These tips include:
- Take rest for at least 24 hours after the operation.
- Avoid sleeping on the face
- Avoid opening your mouth too wide
- Avoid sports or strenuous activates for six weeks.
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Be careful during brushing your teeth suing a small toothbrush
- Take the medicines, including painkillers, antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection
Blue Care Clinic’s journey began in 2017 with a big dream to be one of the leading companies in healthcare and all medical specialties in Istanbul. Blue care seeks to become the first and most reliable destination accredited by reputable international medical organizations.
We at Blue Care believe that your health is the most valuable asset you have, so we harness all our wide experience and medical staff to provide the best health care services for you, achieving your healthy body with an ideal appearance that you have always dreamed of. We believe in our high skills which qualify us to change your life for the best.